About the Role:
This role is for an experienced Connected TV Developer to join our existing team, with the intention of growing your career with us long term. We are looking for people with excellent experience in React.JS and exposure to smart TVs, set-top boxes, and gaming consoles. This role will suit an independent, collaborative, and experienced person with a background in the Video/OTT industry, and a natural eye for excellent web and mobile UI/UX. You will be a natural leader that enjoys mentoring/training junior developers, be comfortable taking the lead and making decisions, be a natural, creative thinker, and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components/front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs/wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, and gaming consoles
- Participate in code reviews and ensure code quality
- At least 3-5 years working as a WebTV/Frontend Developer using React.js and its core principles
- Experience in HTML/CSS
- Experience with React.js workflows (such as Redux)
- Exposure to newer specifications of EcmaScript or TypeScript
- Experience in App purchase flow (subscription flow)
- Experience with IDE such as LG, WebOS IDE, Samsung, Tizen Studio, Visual studio code, MS Visual studio
- Experience in third-party libraries and APIs
- Exposure to embedded development across Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, Web based platforms and games consoles
- Experience with performance limitations, memory restrictions, and specific native video players
- Experience testing and debugging remotely on TV platforms, Specific API’s
- Experience with the build and submission process
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Understanding of video streaming, protection, and playback
Ovyo works globally with companies in the TV & Media industries including some of the top household brands. Our people build the platforms that shape the way the world watches video and connects, working on a mix of long-term customer engagements and shorter consulting projects, quickly fast tracking their experience within the industry, and their career. We are a modern, dynamic company with some of the best OTT Engineers out there, and we focus on being a great place to work. Most of our technical teams are based in India and South Africa but we also have people in the UK (where our management office is) and Europe.